Happy Vernal Equinox! Today marks the first day of spring, when day and night are of equal length… how will you celebrate the day?
This morning, I enjoyed a stroll through Huntley Meadows Park. As I meandered through the park, I enjoyed the cacophony of birds in song and celebration. From Canada Geese to wood peckers, their voices echoed throughout the woods. I witnessed frogs and turtles during morning meditation; the muskrats engaged in sibling like squabbles; and birds a flutter, moving from perch to perch.
The first day of spring is a great time to start a new seasonal ritual and enrich your connection with nature. Here are few ideas to consider:
- Go for a hike
- Map your garden (using native plants, of course!)
- Set up a bird bath and/or feeder
- Tune your bike
- Fly a kite
- Eat lunch and/or dinner outside
- Visit a zoo, the National Zoo if your in the DC metro area
How will you celebrate?
Incoming search terms:
- ways to celebrate the first day of spring (2)
- activities to celebrate the first day of spring (1)
- ways to celebrate first day of spring (1)
- Butterfly Garden Discussion, Feb. 23 @ 7:30 p.m. Want to learn how to attract butterflies to your garden?...